This course trains divers in the knowledge and skills needed to manage risks and effectively handle limited in-water problems and diving emergencies. Included are: assists, transports, surface rescues and rescues from depth involving both boat and shore based skin and scuba divers.
Advanced Rescue Scuba Diver certification is also available for Advanced Divers with CPR for Professional Rescuer and Emergency Oxygen Administration certifications. This level of training emphasizes accident supervision and management with practical applications in open water and includes the knowledge and skills necessary to:
· Help prevent diving accidents
· Recognize life-threatening diving situations
· Correctly initiate and/or supervise rescue/assist procedures
· Correctly manage rescue assistants during and after rescues
· Provide immediate, effective post-rescue aid
· Correctly manage a diving emergency with adjustments for local variants
This course meets the prerequisite rescue training for leadership certification.
The course begins with a 194 page full color textbook, workbook and DVD video for home study, then continues with a weekend of training consisting of one classroom session, one beach session and one dive boat session.
Course tuition is $395.00, which includes the textbook, workbook, and DVD, tanks and air for the beach, and NAUI Rescue SCUBA Diver or NAUI Advanced Rescue SCUBA Diver certification upon successful completion. Dive boat charter fees and rental equipment are not included. To enroll, email Enroll@ScubaConn.com or call 203-952-8679.
· At least age 15 (17 for Advanced Rescue)
· Open Water SCUBA Diver Certification from a recognized agency (Advanced Open Water for Advanced Rescue)
· First Aid and Adult CPR (CPR for Professional Rescuers and Emergency Oxygen Administration for Advanced Rescue available here)
Learn how to manage risks and effectively handle limited in-water problems and diving emergencies, how to assist and transport divers, and how to perform surface rescues and rescues from depth involving both boat and shore based skin and scuba divers.
Scuba Rescue Diver training moves you on your pathway to diving leadership courses (Divemaster or Instructor)!
Download course forms HERE.
© 2013 SCUBA Connecticut – All Rights Reserved